"Amram dazzled with his versatility ...
Click here to view the COMPLETE SELECTED archive by David Amram
With 108,000+ youtubes of Amram, many of which were put up by others which he didn't even know were being made, here are SEVEN HIGHLIGHTS and many more SELECTED by David Amram. They show him conducting his own compositions as well as the classics, soloing with orchestras, performing at jazz and folk festivals, singing, speaking. as well as outstanding performances of his symphonic and chamber music compositions by renowned classical artists.
Videos of David Amram are extant as far back as the 1977, when PBS broadcast "The World of David Amram" featuring Amram and special guests including members of the Chicago Symphony Orchestra, Dizzy Gillespie and singer/songwriter Steve Goodman. The 68 videos SELECTED by David Amram are feature guests such as Willie Nelson, Warren Zevon, Johnny Depp, Pete Seeger, Arlo Guthrie, Lawrence Felingehetti, Keir Dullea, Tom Paxton, Levon Helm, Raffi, Paquito D'Rivera, Floyd "Red Crow" Westerman and Candido and others.
These selected videos include performances of some of Amram's many classical compositions, songs and improvisations such as Triple Concerto, Symphonic Variations on a song by Woody Guthrie, Themes and Variations on Red River Valley, Blues and Variations for Monk, Waltz from Arthur Miller's "After the Fall", Pull My Daisy, In Memory of Chano Pozo, Brazilian Memories, in addition to many other classics of jazz, world music, and songs by Woody Guthrie, Phil Ochs, Donovan and many of Amrams's young singer/songwriter friends.
The trailer to Lawrence Kraman's documentary about Amram's life and work, David Amram, The First 80 Years is posted as well as news programs and TV specials about Amram and videos of David speaking about subjects such as, Jack Kerouac, Dmitri Mitropoulos, Greenwich Village, Elia Kazan and Thelonius Monk. Videos include performances on the public radio show E-Town, at The National Folk alliance, Clearwater Music Festival, Philadelphia Folk Festival, Kerrville Folk Festival, Cornelia Street Cafe, Columbia University, Montreal Jazz festival, Farm Aid, Folk City and many others.
To view the Complete SELECTIONS by David Amram, click here...
Here are SEVEN highlights from the David Amram Video archive:
- Folk Alliance International video tribute of David Amram for his Lifetime Achievement Award (2017)
- DAVID AMRAM: The First 80 Years (film trailer) 2008
- David Amram conducts and solos for his composition Triple Concerto for woodwind, brass and jazz quintets with members of the Chicago Symphony Orchestra Broacast nationally for the PBS special "The World of David Amram" in 1977
- Dizzy Gillespie & David Amram for Thelonious Monk tribute PBS (1987)
David Amram's Giants of the Night Concerto for Flute
A concerto by David Amram for flute and orchestra Commissioned and premiered by Sir James Galway in 2002. TELEVISED in Bejing China- in 2019 with soloist Nancy Stagnitta and the National Orchestra of China. The three movements are dedicated respectively to Charlie Parker, Jack Kerouac and Dizzy Gillespie
- David Amram - Pull My Daisy performed on E-Town National Radio and TV Concert.
Amram singing and scatting his song for Robert Frank/Alfred Leslie/Jack Kerouac 1959 film score he composed (2016)
- David Amram - "What a Wonderful World" performed on E-Town National Radio and TV Concert
- Amram's Waltz from after the Fall with Paquito d'Rivera and the David Amram Quartet. composed by Amram for Arthur Miller's After the Fall for the opening of the Lincoln Center Repertory Theater in 1964. Filmed at Symphony Space in 2012
- Amram's new music for Woody Guthrie's Pastures of Plentyperformed on E-Town National Radio and TV Concert in Boulder Colorado 2015
Copyright © 2019 by David Amram
All rights reserved